Translate

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Giving Thanks - But For What?

 


      As the gray hairs replace those that were so recently brown but originally red, I’ve noticed that what I value has changed.  Sure, there are the usual - family, friends, and stuff.  Then there are the things like freedom and good health - which I’m not so quick to take for granted. Then there are personal gifts I’ve been blessed with.  All of these are still very important.

     At one point, I thrived on, and looked forward to, big family get-togethers, traveling, and all kinds of new experiences - I still do.  But good friends and my parents have moved on to greener pastures and perspectives change.

     Nowadays, I’m more inclined to savor time with individual people, and those random encounters with beauty or kindness.  And then there are moments of sheer joy as I connect with those closest to me - like holding my granddaughter’s hand and watching my grandson’s beaming smile as we watch the end of the movie “Lyle, Lyle the Crocodile” - and Lyle SINGS!

     Some of my greatest gifts these days are simply moments for which

I am eternally grateful. 



6 comments:

  1. Please keep writing…this was great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly appreciate your input and the reminder that there are actual human beings out there seeing my work and not just bots . Thank you

      Delete
  2. Nicely said, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perception surely does change. Nice article.

    ReplyDelete