Translate

Monday, December 12, 2022

Dragons - Facts Versus Fiction

  



My six year old granddaughter “Belle” and I were having a heated discussion this morning about how long dragons live.  She was riding a green rubberized, pre-adolescent "girl dragon." According to attached paperwork "Waddles" had immigrated from China.  Belle has spent literally half her life with this gentle dragoness from Walmart who, disappointingly, has never even let out so much as a puff of smoke, let alone fire. Nonetheless, Belle just knew, “dragons live twenty-three years.”

      My wife chimed in - "hundreds of years." She's into metaphysics, and was adamant.  She’s so well read about this kind of thing and even knew about real drawings of dragons who had been thriving for centuries.  That kind of information is hard to argue with.


     But I got to thinkin’. I’m the oldest and wisest here - and I’m not buying any of this.  There are actual scientific wizards somewhere who can prove it’s impossible for dragons to survive beyond one year after they’ve burped their last fireball!  Just imagine all of the action figures out there who have dedicated their entire lives to eradicating these vermin and now they’re gonna be defenseless!  


     The truth is, “I may not have any actual evidence but I have a lot of theories.”  Thus, the facts are irrefutable. A dragon's days are numbered after it passes it's last flaming gas. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong!

2 comments:

  1. A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh No, all 3 of us are wrong? - Well, Peter Paul and Mary knew a whole lot more stuff than I do.- I concede - Thanks for your input

      Delete